Moton Museum Operations Assistant
The Moton Museum Operations Assistant must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at Longwood University. As a member of the Moton Museum staff, the successful candidate must be able to work independently in maintaining the regular operation of the museum as lead staff primarily during weekend and some evening hours. This is a position that requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be flexible in both hours and in critical thinking. Training will be provided to all successful applicants.
Strong preference is given to individuals that demonstrate;
1.) Ability to interact with people
2.) Ability to communicate clearly with customers
3.) Ability to work independently
4.) Ability to do physical/manual labor
Position Requirements Include:
* Provide a positive client experience to all visitors of the museum.
* Ensure that all event set-ups are done in accordance with guest request.
* Complete all necessary reports.
* Clear and secure the building at closing.
* Enforce Moton Museum policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Provide coverage and assistance to the Moton Bookstore
Individuals interested in the position should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The position will begin at the conclusion of the spring 2017 semester.